Cindy Corwin | August 21, 2014 |
It occurred to me that in the whirlwind of taking the helm at Horse Family, I needed & wanted to say something important and I wanted it to be…..profound. The kind of profound that ‘stops-you-in-your-tracks-flips-the-light-bulbs-on-and-changes-the-course-of-your-life’ kind of profound. (So, already I’m starting out with virtually no pressure!)
I thought and thought…and then thought a little more about how I’d start this post and then it happened: a wave of ‘profoundness washed over me’. (Ok, perhaps that was a little too dramatic so let me try again). As it turns out, the profound things I wanted to say were very simple: I share Horse Family Founder, Mandee (Widrick) Flanders passion, dedication and mission when it comes to Horse Family. My unwavering commitment is to continue to build upon the strong foundation Mandee built: to bring families closer together in their love for horses by providing wholesome, educational content.
We will tell you about products that work because life is to short and we all work too hard to waste money on products that don’t. We will introduce you to some incredible, honest & hardworking people in our industry and in the WORLD who are making a difference in the lives of so many individuals, organizations and horses. Horse Family will be interviewing some amazingly talented clinicians, artists, authors and horsemen and women to find out what inspires and motivates them in life and in the saddle. One of the things I am most excited about is the opportunity to interview and introduce you to some truly exceptional youth equestrians and they are amazing and inspiring and I am honored that I’ll be able share some truly remarkable & amazing stories with you! Whew….I could go on and on (and usually I do!) but for now here are a few things to know about me:
- I love to write….and talk
- I’ve been married for 24 wonderful years to a very patient, kind and loving man who supports my ‘horse’ habit with minimal grumbling and only an occasional eye roll
- I have 3 daughters and 5 granddaughters…we always have a saddle & horse to fit someone
- I have been incredibly fortunate to know and have worked with some of the very best clinicians, photographers, artists and kids in the equine industry (and life) and I look forward to introducing some of them to you in the near future
- I have an addiction to using lots of ! when I write. I can only say that I’m am really passionate about the things I wrote about so they seem appropriate and logical to me! (yes, did that one on purpose!)
- I also use a lot of these……. when I write. I like to think of them as ‘dramatic pauses’…or places where you can doodle
- In addition to the humans in my family, we also have 5 horses, 4 dogs, 5 cats, 2 rabbits and a chinchilla. Not all of them live in our house. 🙂
- I grew up on a farm in Iowa with horses, cattle, hogs amid corn and soybean fields. I know the value of hard-work, integrity, family and faith…things that really matter to me.
And finally, I’m so excited to have this opportunity to continue building a thriving & invigorating community here at Horse Family…Thanks for being here!